Heather Miner
2 T olive oil
1 onions, finely chopped
1 pkg ground Turkey (sams, comes in 4 pack)
1/2 can tomato paste
1 cup Kraft sweet & spicy Chipolte BBQ sauce
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2-4 T soy sauce
Water
Black pepper
8 pk buns
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until they start to turn translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until it is finely crumbled, the liquid boils off and the meat begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Drain the grease off the meat and onions. Stir in the tomato paste, and keep stirring until the meat is coated. Add the BBQ sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add water if need to make more saucy to your preference. Serve!
I've never been a fan of sloppy joes, but Clint loves them! So I've been on a quest to find one I'd also enjoy. I didn't ever care for those canned varieties so I tired several recipes I found here & there. I finally decided to try my hand at creating my own & these were born. They are fantastic & are in our regular rotation on our dinner calendar.
No comments:
Post a Comment