Heather Miner/Jewell Cronin
Left Over Shredded Mexican Roast
1 bunch or less depending on your tastes of green onions sliced
1+ cup of Monterey jack cheese shredded (or cheddar is good to) again, use as much or as little as you want, the amount of meat you have also makes a difference because you don't want more cheese than roast!
Mix all together in a plastic bag and put in the fridge over night. The next evening take out and add to a tortilla ( I buy the uncooked ones from Costco)
I cook one side of the tortilla and add the filling to the cooked side. Fold up like a burrito and then toast it on all sides in a pan with a little butter until its golden brown all over. That's it! SO YUMMY!
{This recipe is a nod to my grandmother's recipe. I remember her making these for me often as a child. Every time I make these or think about them, I think of her.}
No comments:
Post a Comment